George A. Sprecace M.D., J.D., F.A.C.P. and Allergy Associates of New London, P.C.
www.asthma-drsprecace.com
Dr. Sprecace's Home Page...
Information categories at this site...
About Dr. Sprecace and this site...
Access related links...
Terms for usage of this site...

RAPID RESPONSE (Archives)...Daily Commentary on News of the Day
This is a new section.  It will offer fresh, quick reactions by myself to news and events of the day, day by day, in this rapid-fire world of ours.  Of course, as in military campaigns, a rapid response in one direction may occasionally have to be followed by a "strategic withdrawal" in another direction.  Charge that to "the fog of war", and to the necessary flexibility any mental or military campaign must maintain to be effective.  But the mission will always be the same: common sense, based upon facts and "real politick", supported by a visceral sense of Justice and a commitment to be pro-active.  That's all I promise.
GS

Click here to return to the current Rapid Response list


WEDNESDAY, October 31, 2012

Isn't noting that Supreme Court Justices are lawyers like noting that men who went to the Moon were astronauts?  I think the point of the stat is made here.  One political party is DOMINATED by lawyers; end of story.  Their raison d'etre in Government is governed mostly if not entirely by their status as lawyers. 

If being a lawyer were ESSENTIAL to law-making and governance, every represenative at all levels of Government would have to be a lawyer to succeed; but, that is not the case.  Governing requires a BASIS in Law, but a pilot can do a fine job flying a plane without being an aircraft designer.

P-

I'm sure the Federalist Society, the Republican National Lawyers Association, the Republican Trial Lawyers Caucus, Theodore Olson, Antonin Scalia, John Roberts, Samuel Alito, Bill Bennett, 78 Republican lawyers in Congress, and any other practicing Republican lawyer (and there are a lot) disagree.  (You didn't expect me to just take that, did you?)

David

>
> A LAWYER WITH A BRIEFCASE CAN STEAL MORE THAN A THOUSAND MEN WITH GUNS.
>
> This is very interesting! I never thought about it this way.
>
> The Lawyers' Party, By Bruce Walker
>
> The Democratic Party has become the Lawyers Party.
>
> Barack Obama is a lawyer. Michelle Obama is a lawyer.
>
> Hillary Clinton is a lawyer. Bill Clinton is a lawyer.
>
> John Edwards is a lawyer. Elizabeth Edwards was a lawyer.
>
> Every Democrat nominee since 1984 went to law school (although Gore did not graduate).
>
> Every Democrat vice presidential nominee since 1976, except for Lloyd Bentsen, went to law school.
>
> Look at leaders of the Democrat Party in Congress:
>
> Harry Reid is a lawyer. Nancy Pelosi is a lawyer.
>
>
> The Republican Party is different.
>
> President Bush is a businessman.
>
> Vice President Cheney is a businessman.
>
> The leaders of the Republican Revolution:
>
> Newt Gingrich was a history professor.
>
> Tom Delay was an exterminator. Dick Armey was an economist.
>
> Speaker of the House John Boehner was a plastic manufacturer.
>
> The former Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist is a heart surgeon.
>
> Who was the last Republican president who was a lawyer? Gerald Ford, who left office 31 years ago and who barely won the Republican nomination as a sitting president, running against Ronald Reagan in 1976.
>
> The Republican Party is made up of real people doing real work, who are often the targets of lawyers.
>
> The Democrat Party is made up of lawyers. Democrats mock and scorn men who create wealth, like Bush and Cheney, or who heal the sick, likeFrist, or who immerse themselves in history, like Gingrich. The Lawyers Party sees these sorts of people, who provide goods and services that people want, as the enemies ofAmerica .. And, so we have seen the procession of official enemies, in the eyes of the Lawyers Party, grow.
>
> Against whom do Hillary and Obama rail?....Pharmaceutical companies, oil companies, hospitals, manufacturers, fast food restaurant chains, large retail businesses, bankers, and anyone producing anything of value in our nation. This is the natural consequence of viewing everything through the eyes of lawyers. Lawyers solve problems by successfully representing their clients, in this case the American people. Lawyers seek to have new laws passed, they seek to win lawsuits, they press appellate courts to overturn precedent, and lawyers always parse language to favor their side.
>
> Confined to the narrow practice of law, that is fine. But it is an awful way to govern a great nation. When politicians as lawyers begin to view some Americans as clients and other Americans as opposing parties, then the role of the legal system in our life becomes all-consuming. Some Americans become adverse parties of our very government. We are not all litigants in some vast social class-action suit. We are citizens of a republic that promises us a great deal of freedom from laws, from courts, and from lawyers.
>
> Today, we are drowning in laws; we are contorted by judicial decisions; we are driven to distraction by omnipresent lawyers in all parts of our once private lives. America has a place for laws and lawyers, but that place is modest and reasonable, not vast and unchecked. When the most important decision for our next president is whom he will appoint to the Supreme Court, the role of lawyers and the law in America is too big.
>
> When House Democrats sue America in order to hamstring our efforts to learn what our enemies are planning to do to us, then the role of litigation in America has become crushing.
>
> Perhaps Americans will understand that change cannot be brought to our nation by those lawyers who already largely dictate American society and business. Perhaps Americans will see that hope does not come from the mouths of lawyers but from personal dreams nourished by hard work. Perhaps Americans will embrace the truth that more lawyers with more power will only make our problems worse.
>
> The United States has 5% of the world’s population and 66% of the world’s lawyers! Tort (Legal) reform legislation has been introduced in congress several times in the last several years to limit punitive damages in ridiculous lawsuits such as spilling hot coffee on yourself and suing the establishment that sold it to you and also to limit punitive damages in huge medical malpractice lawsuits. This legislation has continually been blocked from even being voted on by the Democrat Party. When you see that 97%of the political contributions from the American Trial Lawyers Association go to the Democrat Party, then you realize who is responsible for our medical and product costs being so high!

>
>       "Excellence is born of Preparation, Dedication, Focus and Tenacity,
>
>                   Compromise on any of these and you become average.”     
>
>
>                                            "Freedom is not Free"
>
>                            " What have you done for Freedom today"
>


TUESDAY, October 30, 2012

"Eastwooding" --> einsteinwasright.pdf


MONDAY, October 29, 2012

We know now that there was a live audio and visual feed and real-time email reports sent to the White House about the attack in Benghazi.  Before the ambassador and Navy Seals and other security officers were murdered, there were requests for help and Marines near-by were told to "stand down".

This is most demonstrable evidence of Obama's incompetence as commander-in-chief, and his blatant lies that followed are an insult to the American people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Mg-e71IDAUw
#!  quick overview by Judge Janine Pirrou on military and CIA told not to help

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1925103296001/why-help-never-came-for-americans-killed-in-libya/?intcmp=obnetwork
comprehensive overview of events

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/10/26/ed_klein_docs_show_obama_overruled_clinton_to_deny_security_in_benghazi.html
Hilary Clinton's role

http://www.ocregister.com/opinion/obama-375873-video-one.html
Mark Steyn's insightful essay

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/robbins-report/2012/oct/28/general-losing-his-job-over-benghazi/#.UI2VsLs5Bx4.facebook
military forced to participate in the coverup?

http://www.video.theblaze.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=25445795
start at 11:35 minutes

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2012/10/18/Obama-Supporters-Have-No-Idea-About-Benghazi-Attack?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
uninformed college students



THURSDAY through SUNDAY, October 25 through 28, 2012

Bombshell: Benghazi Targets Painted, Air Support Overhead – Obama Calls Off Strike

In piecing together the details of the Benghazi attack up the U.S. consulate, it is becoming clear that there were U.S. Special Operations forces on the ground, at least two drones overhead and lasers being used to paint at least one target. The question then becomes, if these things were in place for a strike against attackers, who called it off? There can only be one answer, the commander-in-chief Barack Obama.

Fox News reports on the laser being used to paint the target:

At that point, they called again for military support and help because they were taking fire at the CIA safe house, or annex. The request was denied. There were no communications problems at the annex, according those present at the compound. The team was in constant radio contact with their headquarters. In fact, at least one member of the team was on the roof of the annex manning a heavy machine gun when mortars were fired at the CIA compound. The security officer had a laser on the target that was firing and repeatedly requested back-up support from a Spectre gunship, which is commonly used by U.S. Special Operations forces to provide support to Special Operations teams on the ground involved in intense firefights.

This went on for four hours and the White House was able to watch this all take place live. Two drones were above recording what was taking place and it seems one was called in to relieve the other, presumably because of fuel issues. A former Delta operator over at BlackFive writes:

Having spent a good bit of time nursing a GLD (ground Laser Designator) in several garden spots around the world, something from the report jumped out at me.

One of the former SEALs was actively painting the target. That means that Specter WAS ON STATION! Probably an AC130U. A ground laser designator is not a briefing pointer laser. You do not “paint” a target until the weapons system/designator is synched; which means that the AC130 was on station.

Only two places could have called off the attack at that point; the WH situation command (based on POTUS direction) or AFRICOM commander based on information directly from the target area.

If the AC130 never left Sigonella (as Penetta says) that means that the Predator that was filming the whole thing was armed.

If that SEAL was actively “painting” a target; something was on station to engage! And the decision to stand down goes directly to POTUS!

There is also the issue of the former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods and a small team that ignored orders to stand down after they requested permission to go and help.

Former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods was part of a small team who was at the CIA annex about a mile from the U.S. consulate where Ambassador Chris Stevens and his team came under attack. When he and others heard the shots fired, they informed their higher-ups at the annex to tell them what they were hearing and requested permission to go to the consulate and help out. They were told to “stand down,” according to sources familiar with the exchange. Soon after, they were again told to “stand down.”

Woods and at least two others ignored those orders and made their way to the consulate which at that point was on fire. Shots were exchanged. The rescue team from the CIA annex evacuated those who remained at the consulate and Sean Smith, who had been killed in the initial attack. They could not find the ambassador and returned to the CIA annex at about midnight.

CIA spokeswoman Jennifer Youngblood denied claims that requests for support were turned down.

“We can say with confidence that the Agency reacted quickly to aid our colleagues during that terrible evening in Benghazi,” she said. “Moreover, no one at any level in the CIA told anybody not to help those in need; claims to the contrary are simply inaccurate. In fact, it is important to remember how many lives were saved by courageous Americans who put their own safety at risk that night-and that some of those selfless Americans gave their lives in the effort to rescue their comrades.”

I can’t help but think that this sounds, at least with the information that we are getting, like much of the response to the attacks of September 11, which was no response. Even more disturbing is what BlackFive writes, ““This is bigger than Watergate!… The worst has to be the team on the ground knowing that the President just left you to die.“

All of this was responded to by Defense Secretary Leon Panetta on Thursday. He said, “The U.S. military did not get involved during the attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya, last month because officials did not have enough information about what was going on before the attack was over.”

Just how much information did you need? The White House had emails. They had forces on the ground, drones overhead, a live feed, painted targets. For four hours nothing was done while the consulate was attacked. There was a Special Operations team operating in Central Europe that could have been called upon, but weren’t, and could have flown there in less than two hours. But none of this was done.

It is looking more and more as though this was not only a planned attack, but also that either the White House was either negligent and irresponsible in their “non-response” or complicit.

Read more: http://freedomoutpost.com/2012/10/bombshell-benghazi-targets-painted-air-support-overhead-obama-calls-off-strike/#ixzz2AXx2f3S5


MONDAY through WEDNESDAY, October 22 through 24, 2012

THE LAST DEBATE...ROMNEY, A;    OBAMA, C.

If you watched the entire debate, and don't expect to get a fair analysis from the media, you'll agree.
In both form and substance, Mitt Romney was the one who was Presidential.  From the beginning, Obama looked worried and petulant - and not  Presidential.  Romney addressed issues.  Obama repeated well-worn sound-bites.  Romney was deferential when appropriate.  Obama was mean-spirited. 
And the moderator did a good job.

And now, if a sufficient number of the American electorate have an ability for critical thinking and for placing the vital needs of their country above their own narrow self-interests, Mitt Romney will become our next President - and by a comfortable margin.  Indeed, the result of this election will clearly reflect whether or not today's electorate deserves to be a part of  "the leader of the free world". 
Am I concerned? Yes.  Am I optimistic? Also, yes.          

And for those of you who ever took a course in typing, you'll remember this practice line:
"NOW IS THE TIME FOR ALL GOOD MEN TO COME TO THE AID OF THEIR COUNTRY".

GS


SUNDAY, October 21, 2012

...AND THEN THERE IS THE BENGHAZI AFFAIR.
We will certainly hear more about this in the coming final Presidential debate before this critical election.
In anticipation of that, two sources of FACT are worthy of note:

GS


SATURDAY,
October 20, 2012




WEDNESDAY through FRIDAY,
October 17 through 19, 2012

IN ANTICIPATION OF  THE FINAL CANDIDATES' DEBATE, THIS ONE DEVOTED TO FOREIGN AFFAIRS, THERE FOLLOWS HEREWITH A PRIMER FOR BOTH CANDIDATES.  THIS IS OFFERED, NOT BECAUSE I HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS, BUT BECAUSE THEY DON'T APPEAR TO HAVE THEM EITHER.

  1. There should be several over-arching principles grounding America's dealings with the rest of the world:

   2) We must be honest with the American people, giving them the medicine before the "sugar".  This needs to be done at the possible cost of losing elections, by public servants rather than by career self-serving  "politicians".

Now let's see what President Obama and Governor Romney have to say.  If either or both come close to articulating the above principles and goals, this nation will be in good hands whatever the outcome.

GS


MONDAY and TUESDAY,
October 15 and 16, 2012

The Obama Breaking Point

October 14, 2012 - 10:34 pm - by Victor Davis Hanson

Was it the blame-gaming — “Bush did it!,” ATMs are at fault, tsunamis are the culprit, no other administration has had such challenges, the euro meltdown is to blame, earthquakes shook our confidence — that finally turned the country off of Obama?

For the last two years, millions of Americans have grown, ever so insidiously, tired of Barack Obama and his administration. The Tea Party brought such frustrations to the fore. And now the debates — and the ability of Romney to show millions that he is a decent, competent alternative to Obama rather than the caricatured greedy white man of Obama’s sleazy ads — are closing the deal.

In the first debate, Romney was not just far better-informed and spoken, but far more likeable. Joe Biden’s frenzied rudeness was the sort of debate performance that mesmerizes one by its very boorishness, eliciting a weird reaction in the room like “Come over and check this out: I can’t believe the Vice president of the United States is trumping The Joker” (after all, the sick Joker is more entertaining that the sober and judicious Batman) — but within hours leaves a bitter aftertaste in the mouth of something along the lines of “Surely, we could have done better than that rude buffoon?”

The election is not over, but it is starting to resemble October 29 or November 1 in 1980, when, after just one debate, the nation at last decided that it really did not like Jimmy Carter very much or what he had done, and discovered that Ronald Reagan was not the mad Dr. Strangelove/Jefferson Davis of the Carter summer television ads. Like Carter, Obama both has no wish to defend his record (who would?) and is just as petulant. In the next three weeks, he has only three hours left to save his presidency.

Do We Remember?

There are lots or reasons why various groups are tiring of Obama. It is not just the economy, but also all the untruths about the economy over the last four years that sounded like daily communiqués from the Ministry of Truth. Do we even remember the brilliant Obama economic A-team, chomping at the bit in December 2008 to get started to pull us into the good times — a Larry Summers, Timothy Geithner (remember, he was the “genius” who almost alone knew how high finance on Wall Street worked and so had to be exempted from cheating on his tax deductions), Christina Romer, Peter Orszag, and, later, Austan Goolsbee, who have now all come and gone.

When was “Recovery Summer”? What were the “shovel-ready jobs” that were “not as … uh … shovel-ready as we expected”? Where went the stimulus? How much are we owed by GM? What happened to the Volt? Where are the “millions of green jobs”? Did the green-shade Joe Biden really go through the stimulus line by line? And was he smirking and guffawing at what he saw?

Do we remember the mad, obscene rantings of the “Truther” Van Jones or the Mao devotee Anita Dunn? How long have Rham Emanuel and Bill Daley been gone? For many, Obama has become one Steven Chu too many.

Feet of Clay

Or maybe Obama’s problem lies with the absurdly high expectations brought about by the faux-Greek columns, vero possumus!, “we are the ones we’ve been waiting for,” and the promise to cool the planet and lower the seas — the sort of juvenile giddiness that brings embarrassment when one sobers up?

Did we hear one tingle up the leg or one perfect crease of the pants or one “most brilliant president” too many? When Joe Biden and Harry Reid voiced quasi-racist commentary on Obama’s white blackness, they seemed to voice the liberal tingle that they could both embrace a black man and not embrace a black man, as if voting for Obama gave them exemption from worrying about their own apartheid existences, as cosmic inclusivity allowed private exclusiveness.

Jacksonian without the Jackson

The first time candidate Obama courted rappers, appeared on celebrity TV and radio shows, or hipped it up, it was thought “cool,” a sort of armor that would ensure that the normal political invective bounced off his in-the-know defenses. Now, four years later? We have a sort of Jacksonian White House, but visited by zillionaire entertainers and without the populism. When Obama leaves Netanyahu cooling his heels to hang with Jay-Z, Beyoncé, or the ladies of The View, or flies to Vegas on news that our ambassador has been murdered, it is either crass or juvenile or both. How, millions of Americans are starting to ask, did this man become president? With well over 400 rounds of golf and 200 fundraisers under his belt, no wonder Mr. Obama had to skip the national security briefings and the debate prep — what a “drag” they were.

A Bright and Shining Lie?

The sources of discontent are growing across the spectrum. Perhaps the disgruntled Left saw that promises about “don’t ask, don’t tell,” gay marriage, and amnesty only were kept late in Obama’s tenure when he had lost independents and needed, cynically, to rev up his base. Or was it that what in 2008 had come across as teleprompted eloquence, by 2011 was the same old monotonous and hackneyed “Make no mistake about!” and “Let me be perfectly clear!”?

Liberals used to go gaga over the man who promised that Guantanamo and renditions would be part of our distant criminal past, only to gag that he has embraced and expanded almost every one of the Bush-Cheney protocols that he once demagogued. Obama even recruited Yale Law Dean Harold Koh, who used to sue the government on behalf of Guantanamo detainees, to write surreal briefs explaining why stepped-up Predator missions can quite legally vaporize American citizens suspected of terrorism, and why American planes dropping bombs over a foreign country do not constitute warlike acts. A Yale Law dean who does that is like the proverbial dog walking on two legs, eliciting wonder not just that it is done, but why it is even attempted.

The once green Leftist who promised to bankrupt coal and whose energy secretary designate bragged about sending gas prices up to the “levels in Europe” now runs ads accusing Romney of being too hard on the coal industry, and brags that private energy companies fracked and horizontally drilled on private land to increase the nation’s fossil-fuel production. Who could believe that message of “vote for me because I couldn’t quite stop all the drilling and so now we have more domestic oil and gas than ever”?

Calling Dr. Freud

I think a growing number of Americans slowly grasped that with Obama, the best guide to his character is what is sometimes known as psychological projection — or the syndrome in which those unsure of themselves seek to massage their own natural but bothersome impulses by ascribing them to others, almost always in a negative context. The vicarious president who gave us “get in their faces,” “bring a gun to a knife fight,” and “punish our enemies”; ridiculed the Special Olympics; slurred millions of doctors with accusations that they like to amputate for profit; and smeared, as fat cats, the one-percent, corporate jet owners, and Vegas jet-setters (his own generous Wall Street donors) of course also preached about the need for a new bipartisanship and civility. Like a moth to a light bulb, Obama was drawn to swanky golf resorts, Vegas, and vacations on Martha’s Vineyard of the sort he dismissed as the haunts of the one percent. When the president struggles to repress yet another appetite, we can be assured that he will attribute such a character flaw to others.

The Chicago Way

Of course, independents are tired of the scandals. One Fast and Furious, Secret Service debacle, or GSA mess is tolerable. But bit by bit the mosaic of a fast and loose Chicago way of fixing things was built from one too many scandalous tesserae — like the Blago mess, the wind and solar con, and now the Libyan cover-up.

The undecideds also are starting to see that while every recession has a recovery, it was needlessly prolonged in the case of Obama, due to his “never let a crisis go to waste” obsessions with socializing health care, taking over unionized bankrupt companies, and expanding food stamps, unemployment, and disability insurance. It took many four years to figure out that for Barack Obama, the need to transform America into some weird version of Greece or Italy trumped any concern about getting millions back to work and the economy going again. Obama’s prime impulse was not restoring lost income, jobs, and net worth, but seeking to ensure the wealthy did not prosper, even if that meant the far more numerous poor did not either. Stagnant equality was his aim.

Tear Us Apart

I know many people — including liberals — who voted for Obama on his promises of racial healing and will vote against him precisely because he amplified racial divides for his own political purposes. Again, one Cambridge police incident or Trayvon Martin flip comment would have been the normal stuff of presidential gaffes. But the fake-accented sermons to black audiences, the “punish our enemies” call to arms to Hispanics, the various racially targeted Obama reelection groups (using “we got the president’s back” as their mottoes as if a deranged white person hourly were about to dry gulch the president without ranks of such self-appointed African-American or Hispanic bodyguards) became predictable. Only Obama could have brought out the worst side of a James Earl Jones, Chris Rock, and Morgan Freeman to accuse others of racism to divert attention away from Obama’s failure. Once such celebrities transcended race, now Obama-fed racialism has engulfed them.

At some point, Eric Holder’s various delusions (e.g., “cowards,” racism behind the Fast and Furious investigations, “my people,” etc.), Hilda Solis’s videos appealing to illegal aliens to call in about mean employers, and the Van Jones rants seemed like sound bites out of the Race / Class / Gender gut course in the university rather than the emanating from the U.S. government.

It’s Not the Economy, Stupid?

More than eight percent unemployment for 42 months could be an artifact. Maybe anemic below-two-percent economic growth happens. Five trillion dollars in new debt can be contextualized. Nearly fifty million on food stamps is regrettable. But after a while, they all become force multipliers of each other — cementing the notion that Obama is largely a hothouse potted plant who has not a clue about what drives business, or why employers hire and fire, or how oil and gas fuel the U.S. economy. The only mystery is whether Obama sought to improve the economy but utterly failed — or if he had some vague idea that printing money, unsustainable borrowing, out-of-control spending, and demonizing the successful might create a gorge-the-beast moment: only then might higher taxes be the only way to prevent fiscal collapse while the new entitlements would hook so many that the mere thought of their curtailment might prove impossible.

Enough Is Enough

Add all this up, and millions of voters — quietly, on their own, without much communication — are becoming wearied by Obama, in a way that is quite miraculous. They are coming to the conclusion not just that it is now OK to vote against Obama, but that even if it is not politically correct, they don’t much care anymore.

Incumbents should have all sorts of advantages. This year there is no Ross Perot on the ballot to siphon off votes from a President George H.W. Bush. The media openly slants its news to save Obama. Libya has gained none of melodramatic hourly coverage of the Iranian hostage crisis that finally did in Jimmy Carter pontificating from the Rose Garden. George H.W. Bush was destroyed by “it’s the economy, stupid” when unemployment and GDP growth were far better than today. George W. Bush almost lost the 2004 election on the charge of a “jobless recovery” when the unemployment rate was almost three points lower than it is today. Enough said.

Money can be printed. Official stats can be massaged. The president can dole out pork. The Federal Reserve can print money. Europe can, too. Obama’s unusual heritage makes Americans proud of their country. If some wished to prove that they were not racist in 2008 by voting for Obama, in 2012 they fear they will be condemned as racist for not voting to reelect him.

Yet add all of that up, and here we are three weeks before the election with Romney holding a slight lead in polls that are often suspect.

In other words, millions are feeling liberated and are starting to feel that they have simply had enough of this bunch. In short, it is becoming OK to vote “No, you can’t!”


SUNDAY, October 14, 2012

"PRECIOUS".

GS


"Eastwooding" --> eastwooding.pdf

- - - - - - - - - -

Talk about Kool-aid drinkers.  The Nobel Peace Prize has become meaningless.  Too bad.

GS

European Union Wins 2012 Nobel Peace Prize
The Norwegian Nobel Committee awarded its 2012 peace prize on Friday to the 27-nation European Union, saying it had contributed to the advancement of peace and reconciliation across the continent.

With the bloc confronting the worst financial crisis in its history over the single euro currency, the award surprised some people who recalled the deep strains between Germany and other European nations over Berlin’s insistence on austerity measures that have brought pain to many, particularly in Greece. Thousands of protesters turned out in Athens earlier this week to demonstrate against a visit by Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany.

But Thorbjørn Jagland, the chairman of the panel awarding the prize, said it was a signal from the committee concerning reconciliation in Europe and a message to the continent to carry on such work, focusing on the union’s historical role binding France and Germany together after World War II.

The peace prize climaxes a week in which Nobel institutions have awarded prizes in science and literature that rank among the world’s most coveted emblems of excellence. The prize for economics is to be awarded on Monday.

Read More:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/13/world/nobel-peace-prize.html?emc=na


SATURDAY, October 13, 2012

Paradoxical Quote of The Day From Ben Stein:                        

"Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

Now add this, "Many of those who refuse, or are unable, to prove they are citizens will receive free insurance paid for by those who are forced to buy insurance because they are citizens."

Think about it when you vote in November


FRIDAY, October 12, 2012

THE VICE PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE: (NB: I do not grade on a curve)

PAUL RYAN; B+

<>KING LEER: C

GS


MONDAY through THURSDAY, October 7 through 11, 2012

A BRIEF RESPITE FROM POLITICS:

The Origin of Man: Bible or Science?

I recently heard a nice and civil discussion regarding this question.  Try this on for size.

Not a bad effort at reconciliation...

GS


SUNDAY, October 5 and 6, 2012

PERSONAL SUMMARY, THE L&M LEADERSHIP RETREAT, OCT. 2012  

The following are based upon the speaker's presentation, my contemporaneous comments, a review of his slides and my reflections.  My comments are presented in italics.

  1. "Transition away from episodic fee-for-service reimbursment and toward accountable forms of risk-based payment, involving case managers or population managers".     Risk-Based is based upon perverse incentives and conflict of interest between "Providers" and patients...inherently Unethical.  Case and population managing can be performed now with patient and provider incentives and dis-incentives.
  2. "Value=Based Competition".  I've been doing that for 55 years...and counting.
  3. 1% withhold starting now, based upon a) 70% Process Measures...Good, based upon hard research; and 2) 30% based on patient surveys...overweighted, soft and subject to manipulation. 
  4. Penalty for re-admission rates: progressively 1-3%, even re-admissions for totally different diagnoses from the original admission...CRAZY. 
  5. All about Cost Containment.  For example, L&M estimates that it must reduce its costs by $35 Million over the next 5 years.  At what cost in quality and in availablitry of care?  A cynical and cowardly effort by our national "leaders" to force the Medical Profession into being Rationers of Care - a worthy principle that should be decided broadly by the public and by public policy.  It is done by placing MD incentives opposite to patient needs: Unethical, undermining a learned Profession and thus  against Public Policy.  This must be litigated right up to the USSC.
  6. "Hospital and MD Allignment is Critical".  YOU BET!!  Hospitals had better take care of their physicians, especially now when they could "stick it to them" in the short-term.  We are in a 5-8 year Transition period, full of uncertainties, with MD's in a weak bargaining position.  Then will follow a long period of MD ascendency...based entirely on MD shortages and population demographics.  A word to the wise. 
  7. How to reduce patient and provider utilization?  We need patient motivation: passive in the form of HSA's and increased self-payment; and in the form of active penalties for continuing to pursue unhealthy life-styles.  And we need to reduce the 20-25% of health care costs that physicians produce because of DEFENSIVE MEDICINE in the current litigious malpractice climate.  Madical Mal-practice reform is crucial, changing perhaps to Health Courts. 
  8. "What are the main market movers?  And what do they want?"  Of the payors, Employers should get out of the business, certainly abandoning "Defined Benefit" for "Defined Contribution" plans, with prominent patient-employee contribution.  Insurers will survive and thrive as Wall Street does: by expanding into markets that approximate Las Vegas activities.  And what about physicians? They want to provide quality care with adequate reimbuserment and little hassle.  Patients have long wish lists - as long as someone else pays for them, and as long as they don't have to change their ways.  Enough of That!
  9. Currently great uncertainty.  Great expansion of Medicaid, with little concept of who will pay for it,  Changes in Medicare. The Election: a referendum on "Entitlement" spending.  A very difficult pending budget debate right after the Election.  And there will be no clear winner, resulting in the losers being enraged - more grid-lock.  All the more reason for "deciders" in the Heath Care Industry to base their current decisions not only on the transition period of the next few years, but especially on the subsequent decades - a different paradigm
  10. This is a Penalty program, not a Reward program.  The deck is marked. 
  11. Physicians programs, willingly assisted now by venture capitalists, may be better than Hospital / Physician programs.  PHYSICIANS: YOU ARE PLAYERS, NOT VICTIMS,,,if you don't "sell your soul to the company sto" during this Transition period. 
  12. In some programs, consumers (patients) are being Paid to pick the lowest cost providers!  "Caveat Emptor"...and don't expect medical malpractice lawyers to get you out of this one.  Your Choice got you in trouble
  13. Coordination of Health Care is the vital missiong link in this scenario.  This can be done by "any willing provider"...primary care or specialist...with proper financial support.  It should also be provided by Home Care (both transitional and permanent), by para-professionals (physician extenders, very valuable), by sharing resources and expenses through smart alignments, and by providing perceived quality and convenience to patients.  Regarding the last point, every in-patient in a hospital needs an advocate / ombudsman to negotiate the day-to-day uncertainties of the hospital experience and provider communication. 
  14. Finally, this "Crisis" is truly one comprising both danger and opportunity,  This hospital should carfefully nurture its rerlationship with its Medical Staff, providing a true "Win-Win" situation...short-term and long-term.  And it should continue to develop itself as "sui generis" in this locale and region...and not try to follow the methods of larger, distant and different areas, which will likely be totally inappropriate to our needs and opportunities. 

I have been speaking and writing on this subject - Health Care Delivery - since the mid- 1970s.   Several of these commentaries are available on this website (www.asthma-drsprecace.com).  And any one of them could be re-published with very little change at this time.  So:

"Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their Profession".     

George A. Sprecace, M.D., J.D.

October 7, 2012


FRIDAY and SATURDAY, October 5 and 6, 2012

Perrin,

witih Russia and Iran and China supporting the repressive Syrian regime, and with all of the intentional killings of innocent civilians by that regime, I would kill the Syrian regime and give the Syrians half a chance in the continuing battle between Shiits and Sunnis.  As for fundamentalist Islamist terrrorists and al Quaida, they will always fish in troubled waters.  Obama is a WHUS...and the UN is not worth a pot to piss in. 

And we even have a surrogate in the fight: the neighboring Arab countries. 

It should be a slam-dunk!

Dad

At first, I could see your argument. However, maybe a stalemate in this situation is just what we need. I'm being halfway serious here.

P-

THERE'S THE PROBLEM: "WE HAS SEEN THE ENEMY...AND THEY IS US".

GS

The New York Times
Saturday, October 6, 2012 -- 6:08 PM EDT
-----

Citing U.S. Fears, Arab Allies Limit Syrian Rebel Aid

In an exclusive report in Sunday’s New York Times, Robert F. Worth writes that Saudi Arabia and Qatar have been funneling money and small arms to Syrian rebels for months but that they have not provided heavier weapons, like shoulder-fired missiles, that could allow opposition fighters to bring down government aircraft, take out armored vehicles and turn the war’s tide.

The countries have held back, officials in both nations said, in part because they have been discouraged by the United States, which fears the heavier weapons could end up in the hands of terrorists. As a result, the rebels have just enough weapons to maintain a stalemate, and the war grinds on. Providing rebels with heavier weapons “has to happen,” Khalid al-Attiyah, a state minister for foreign affairs in Qatar, said. “But first we need the backing of the United States, and preferably the U.N.”

Read More:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/07/world/middleeast/citing-us-fears-arab-allies-limit-aid-to-syrian-rebels.html?emc=na


THURSDAY, October 4, 2012

THE FIRST DEBATE: ROMNEY, "A".  OBAMA, "C". 

"And that's all I have to say about that".

GS

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -




WEDNESDAY, October 3, 2012

"Just the facts, Ma'am.  Just the facts".

GS

Subject: Election 2012

The only thing you should watch when you decide whether to vote for Obama or not, is his

and his family’s personal habits since he has taken office. We know very little about him before he took office, as most of this has been hidden from public view.

Facts that we do know since Obama’s taken office:

We are in the worst financial crisis of our nation’s history. He has talked about shared sacrifice many times; about people doing and paying their FAIR SHARE.  However, when it comes to his and his wife’s spending habits on our dime, the opposite is true.

• FACT 1 - Michelle Obama has more personal staff than any first lady before her. Michelle Obama’s staff has been called the Million Dollar Staff. Unfortunately, that is not true. Just the direct salaries of the reported staff total more than $1.3 million dollars. Now we have to add in benefits, phones, iPads, computers, offices, travel, office supplies…etc.  A much more accurate estimate is just over $2 million per year. That’s $2 million of your tax dollars, despite the fact that Michelle Obama has no official duties.

• Fact 2 - Michelle Obama has made the, now famous, statement that for the first time in 42 years, she was now proud of her country.  In other words, at one time part of this nation owned slaves and this country HAS NEVER GOTTEN IT RIGHT ENOUGH FOR HER, UNTIL WE ELECTED A BLACK MAN AS PRESIDENT. I guess the 360,000 dead and 275,000 wounded UNION SOLDIERS in the civil war to free black people wasn’t enough. When we saved the world in WWII, I guess the 405,000 Dead and 670,000 wounded wasn’t enough for her.  I could go on and on but I think you see my point.

• Fact 3 – She mouthed the words, “ALL THIS FOR A DAMNED FLAG” to her husband, which shows, she has no respect for her own country, the same country that gave her the FREEDOM and the opportunity to become the first lady.

• Fact 4 - Both of Michelle’s daughters have been listed as SENIOR STAFFERS in various White House documents, despite the fact that neither is old enough to LEGALLY WORK. The oldest girl is currently 14, and the youngest 11. Being listed as senior staffers allows the

Obamas to write-off expenses related to their daughters to the American taxpayers.

• Fact 5 - While the country reels financially, the Obamas have managed 16 vacations.  I’m not saying he doesn’t have a stressful job, because he does. It is an especially stressful time in our great nation, but we all feel it.  How many of us have taken over 4 vacations a year?? And lavish vacations, at that.  When you throw in the security and other costs of these vacations, in a time when we are borrowing 40 cents of every dollar we spend, it shows a total disregard for the future generations of Americans.   Now, people will argue that Bush took more vacation days and they are correct; he did.  However, when you look at cost, Bush spent far less because he always went home to his ranch. I don’t expect the president of the GREATEST

COUNTRY IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD to live like a pauper, but a little

consideration for future generations, given the current state of affairs in this

 country, would be nice.

• Fact 6 - In addition to lavish vacations, Obama has played over 100 rounds of golf.  All this, at a

time when the country desperately needs a president focused on creating jobs in a

global economy not a president who plays a lot of golf.

• Fact 7 – We, as a country, have not produced a budget in four years.  The president formed a commission named Simpson-Boyles.  However, when the BI-PARTSIAN commission was

finished, Obama dismissed their findings and did not act on it. He has decided

that there is no need for a budget, despite the fact that we borrow 40% of

every dollar we spend.

• Fact 8 - He submitted a budget this year to congress and it was so bad, the senate

voted it down 99 – 0. Yes, you heard correct.  Despite his own party holding a

 majority in the senate, NOT ONE democrat would vote for it.

• Fact 9 - Most people think that we owe most of our national debt to China, which is not true.  China has been scaling back their US Treasury holding for several years.  Roughly two-thirds of our national debt has been borrowed from Social Security or is held by the Federal Reserve.    The Fed has increased their leverage tremendously to accommodate Obama’s deficit spending.  Current estimates put the Federal Reserve leverage at fifty to one.  That means, if the Federal Reserve investments lose over 2%, the Fed is BANKRUPT.

• Fact 10 - Obama rules by executive order.  He has no respect for the Rule of Law that we all live under.  Nor does he have any respect or use for the other two branches of government.  He has decided that he can’t get exactly what he wants, so he will just issue executive orders and defend the lawsuits that will come.  While I never was, and still am not a fan of Bill Clinton, he understood the art of the deal.  He understood how to get people together and accomplish things.  Obama has shown, through his own actions, that he feels, he alone, has the right to speak for all Americans, with no checks and balances.

• Fact 11 – Almost everything Obama ran on in 2008, was either never accomplished or the opposite was achieved.  You can find many videos on YouTube showcasing his promises.

Given these facts, and THEY ARE FACTS, it is logical to infer that the Obamas are elitists, believing that they are above all the laws and principles most of us believe and live by.  No matter what your station in life, who you are, or where you have been, the only thing important to the Obamas, is what you can do for them.  When you no longer have anything to offer them, they will discard you like the trash they feel you are.  Only three types of people will vote for Obama this time around.  These are dishonest people, who have something to gain that most people don’t have access to, stupid people and people with their head stuck in the sand.  If you are the dishonest one, how do you sleep at night, knowing he is leading us to financial ruin?  Stupid can’t be cured, so I won’t address you folks.  But if your head is in the sand, please look around you.  Don’t just take my word for it, research on your own.  Please vote this man out of office.  It is the only chance the greatest country in the history of the world has.  We have spent ourselves to the brink of disaster, yet he will tell you different.  If we had to borrow on the world market, rather than create funny money, we would already be in disaster. 

Your children and grandchildren’s future depends on this election.

Vote for the spender, with no real-world experience in economics, and you will reap for future generations, what you sow.

A lot of people will read this and deflect, arguing that Bush did this or that.  Where I come from, two wrongs don’t make a right.  Until 2009, I was an independent, but then I realized that a lot of other people believed in smaller government, more freedom and more personal responsibility.  The left wing of the Democrat Party has called the Tea Party wing of the Republican Party, “Racist terrorists who can go to Hell.”  The fact of the matter is, we all come from different walks in life, are all of different colors and all believe in very simple principles.  We want the government to get out of our lives as much as possible and we will take responsibility for our own actions.  It’s amazing how much more expensive unnecessary government makes the everyday products we use.  Don’t be fooled because he can read a teleprompter.  It is about his only job skill.

                    Top Ten Reasons To Dislike Mitt Romney:

A lot is being said in the media about Mitt Romney not being "likable" or that he doesn't "relate well" to people. Frankly, we struggled to understand why. So after much research, we have come up with a Top Ten List to explain this "unlikeability."

1. Drop-dead, collar-ad handsome with gracious, statesmanlike aura. Looks like every central casting's #1 choice for Commander-in-Chief.

2. Been married to ONE woman his entire life, and has been faithful to her, including through her bouts with breast cancer and MS.

3. No scandals or skeletons in his closet. (How boring is that?)

4. Can't speak in a fake, southern, "black preacher voice" when necessary.

5. Highly intelligent. Graduated cum laud from both Harvard Law School & Harvard Business School...and by the way, his academic records are NOT sealed.

6. Doesn't smoke or drink alcohol, and has never done drugs, not even in the counter - culture age when he went to college. Too square for today's America?

7. Represents an America of "yesterday", where people believed in God, went to Church,  didn't screw around, worked hard, and became a SUCCESS!

8. Has a family of five great sons....and none of them have police records or are in drug  rehab. But of course, they were raised by a stay-at-home mom, & that "choice" deserves  America's scorn.

9. Oh yes.....he's a MORMON. We need to be very afraid of that very strange religion that  teaches its members to be clean-living, patriotic, fiscally conservative, charitable, self-reliant, and honest.

10. And one more point.....pundits say because of his wealth, he can't relate to ordinary  Americans. I guess that's because he made that money HIMSELF.....as opposed to marrying  it or inheriting it from Dad. Apparently, he didn't understand that actually working at a  job and earning your own money made you unreliable to Americans. My goodness, it's a  strange world, isn't it?

*****************************************************

Personal Information: *His full Name is: Willard Mitt Romney He was Born: March 12, 1947  and is 65 years old. His Father: George W. Romney, former Governor of the State of  Michigan He was raised in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan He is Married to Ann Romney since  1969; they have five children.

*Education: B. A. from Brigham Young University, J. D. and M.B.A. from Harvard University

*Religion: Mormon - The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-Day Saints

*Working Background: After high school, he spent 30 months in France as a Mormon  missionary. After going to both Harvard Business School & Harvard Law School  simultaneously, he passed the Michigan bar exam, but never worked as an attorney. In  1984, he co-founded Bain Capital a private equity investment firm, one of the largest  such firms in the United States.

*In 1994, he ran for Senator of Massachusetts and lost to Ted Kennedy.

*He was President and CEO of the 2002 Winter Olympic Games.

*In 2002, he was elected Governor of the State of Massachusetts where he eliminated a 1.5 

billion deficit. Some Interesting Facts about Romney:

*Bain Capital, starting with one small office supply store in Massachusetts, turned it  into Staples; now over 2,000 stores employing 90,000 people. Bain Capital also worked to  perform the same kinds of business miracles again and again, with companies like  Domino's, Sealy, Brookstone, Weather Channel, Burger King, Warner Music Group, Dollarama,  Home Depot Supply and many others.

*He was an unpaid volunteer campaign worker for his dad's gubernatorial campaign 1 year.

*He was an unpaid intern in his dad's governor's office for eight years.

*He was an unpaid bishop and state president of his church for ten years.

*He was an unpaid President of the Salt Lake Olympic Committee for three years.

*He took no salary and was the unpaid Governor of Massachusetts for four years. He gave  his entire inheritance from his father to charity.

*Mitt Romney is one of the wealthiest self-made men in our country but has given more  back to its citizens in terms of money, service and time than most men.

*And in 2011 Mitt Romney gave over $4 million to charity, almost 19% of his income....

*Just for comparison purposes, Obama gave 1% and Joe Biden gave $300 or .0013%.

*Mitt Romney is Trustworthy:

*He will show us his high school and college transcripts.

*He will show us his social security card.

*He will show us his law degree.

*He will show us his draft notice.

*He will show us his medical records.

*Mitt Romney's background, experience and trustworthiness show him to be a great leader  and an excellent citizen for President of the United States.

*You may think that Romney may not be the best representative the Republicans could have  selected. At least I know what religion he is, and that he won't desecrate the flag, bow  down to foreign powers, or practice fiscal irresponsibility.

*I know he has the ability to turn around this financial debacle that the current regime 

has gotten us into. We won't like all the things necessary to recover from this debt, but someone with Romney's background can do it. *But, on the minus side, he never was a "Community Organizer", never took drugs or smoked pot, never got drunk, did not associate with communists or terrorists, nor did he attend  a church whose pastor called for God to damn the US.


TUESDAY, October 2, 2012

A long time ago I asked David, who uses Snopes as his go-to source'WHO THE HELL IS SNOPES?'  Now we know: evidentally just another branch of the Goebbels Broadcasting Network  (GBN).

As was proposed last night on O'Reilly, after the election there should be a formal investigation of the Fourth Estate in this country.  Our nation depends crucially on a FREE PRESS...not what we have now. 

GS

Many of the emails that I have sent or forwarded that had any anti-Obama in it were negated by Snopes. I thought that was odd. Check this out.

Snopes, Soros and the Supreme Courts Kagan.

We-l-l-l-l now, I guess the time has come to check out Snopes!

Ya' don't suppose it might not be a good time to take a second look at some of the stuff that got kicked in the ditch by Snopes, do ya'?

We've known that it was owned by a lefty couple, but hadn't known it to be financed by Soros!

Snopes is heavily financed by George Soros; a big time supporter of Obama!

In our Search for the truth department, we find what I have suspected on many occasions.

I went to Snopes to check something about the dockets of the new Supreme Court Justice, Elena Kagan who Obama appointed and Snopes said the email was false and there were no such dockets so I Googled the Supreme Court, typed in Obama-Kagan, and guess what?

Yep, you got it; Snopes Lied!

Everyone of those dockets are there.

So Here is what I wrote to Snopes:

Referencing the article about Elena Kagan and Barack Obama dockets:

The information you have posted stating that there were no such cases as claimed and the examples you gave are blatantly false.

I went directly to the Supreme Courts website, typed in Obama Kagan and immediately came up with all of the dockets that the article made reference to.

I have long suspected that you really slant things but this was really shocking.

Thank You, I hope you will be much more truthful in the future, but I doubt it.

That being said, Ill bet you didn't know this:

Kagan was representing Obama in all the petitions to prove his citizenship.

Now she may help rule on them.

Folks, this is really ugly. Chicago Politics; and the beat goes on and on and on. Once again the US Senate sold us out!

Now we know why Obama nominated Elana Kagan for the Supreme Court.

Pull up the Supreme Courts website, go to the docket and search for Obama.

She was the Solicitor General for all the suits against him filed with the Supreme Court to show proof of natural born citizenship.

He owed her big time.

All of the requests were denied of course. They were never heard.

It just keeps getting deeper and deeper, doesn't it?

The American people mean nothing any longer.

It's all about payback time for those who compromised themselves to elect someone who really has no true right to even be there.

Here are some websites of the Supreme Court Docket:

You can look up some of these hearings and guess what?

Elana Kagan is the attorney representing Obama!

Check out these examples:

http://www.supremecourt.gov/Search.aspx?FileName=/docketfiles/09-8857.htm

http://www.supremecourt.gov/Search.aspx?FileName=/docketfiles/09-6790.htm

http://www.supremecourt.gov/Search.aspx?FileName=/docketfiles/09-724.htm


MONDAY, October 1, 2012

EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT CATHOLIC, THIS IS EYE OPENING...

The Catholic Church is the oldest Christian religion in the world.

When the Catholic Church was founded, there were no hospitals. Today, one out of five people in this country receive their medical care at a Catholic hospital.

When the Catholic Church was founded, there were no schools. Today, the Catholic Church teaches 3 million students a day, in its more than 250 Catholic Colleges and Universities, in its more than 1200 Catholic High Schools and its more than 5000 Catholic grade schools.

Every day, the Catholic Church feeds, clothes, shelters and educates more people than any other organization in the world.

The new Obama Health Mandate could end all this and the taxpayers would have to make up the loss.

Also, all Catholic adoption services would come to an end. A human disaster.

There are more than 77 million Catholics in this country. It takes an estimated 50 million Catholic votes to elect a president. I am asking all of you to go to the polls and be united in replacing our present president with a president that will respect the Catholic Church, all Christians, and all Religions besides Islam.

Mr President, you said, "The USA is not a Christian Nation."

You are wrong we are a Christian Nation founded on Judeo-Christian values allowing all religions in America to Worship & Practice Freely.



Return to:
Home
Categories
 
 

Copyright Notice (c) Copyright 1999-2017, Allergy Associates of New London, PC